Teacher of Science
Required For Easter or September 2020
Arthur Mellows is an Ofsted Outstanding school located in the village of Glinton on the outskirts of Peterborough. The school is very successful and over-subscribed, with 1600 students aged 11-18, supported by a talented and hard-working staff.
We are seeking to appoint an additional teacher to our dedicated and successful Science department. Facilities and resources within the Department are excellent. Staff are extremely supportive with a clear focus on exceptional outcomes for all.
Students are well behaved and committed learners. Students are enthusiastic about Science, as evidenced by the strong results at KS4, with a high take up rate into KS5. Behaviour is excellent and students are keen to learn, with 75% of students achieving grade 4 or above in both English and Maths in 2019.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1600 students aged 11-18, supported by a talented and hard-working staff.
• Keen, committed and well behaved students who are positive and active learners
• Excellent professional development, guidance and support.
• A very successful and over-subscribed school.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
• The ability to teach Science across the age and ability range.
• A well-qualified, industrious team player who has a passion for Science and the ability to bring it to life in the classroom.
• The capability to support and challenge students enabling them to achieve outstanding results.
The College welcomes visits from prospective applicants, arrangements can be made by contacting Gillian Johns on 01733 252235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ambitious and interested in being part of our College please complete an Application Form which is available in the application pack below and return to us with a letter of application.
Closing date for applications is noon Monday 27 January 2020
AMVC is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment