Please make sure you have fully read the contents of the Remote Learning page first.
Following the Government’s announcement about the changes to the start of school in January 2021, here are our plans to support your children in the first few weeks.
Week Commencing 4 January 2021:
- 4 January 2021: A strategic planning day for schools to support the mass testing programme/remote learning.
- 5- 8 January: Students remain at home. Teachers will communicate through the Microsoft Teams ‘Posts’ directing students to remote learning resources either on SharePoint or Microsoft Teams.
From Week Commencing 11 January 2021:
- Students remain at home. 1 in 3 lessons will be delivered live via Microsoft Teams with invites being sent via the Microsoft Teams calendar so students know when they need to log in. Teachers will direct students to work for the remaining lessons either on SharePoint or on Microsoft Teams.
From Week Commencing 18 January 2021:
- Students return to school for face to face teaching.
- Remote Learning will be available for students who need to self isolate as per our previous arrangements.
If your child cannot access the work on SharePoint/Microsoft Teams, then you will be able to collect work each week on Wednesday between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm. YOU MUST CONTACT US ON THE PREVIOUS MONDAY TO LET US KNOW THAT YOU REQUIRE THIS FACILITY TO ALLOW TEACHERS TIME TO PHOTOCOPY RESOURCES.
If you are a critical worker and your son/daughter is unable to stay at home unsupervised, then please complete the form on the website by 8.00 am on Monday 4 January 2021 if they are to attend between 5-8 January 2021. These students will then be supervised in school from Tuesday 5 January 2021 and will have access to a range of resources on SharePoint/Microsoft Teams and/or other digital platforms.
Please bear in mind that whilst these are our intentions at this time, the situation may change based on Government and Scientific advice and we will contact you again with updates should this occur.